The swingingest version of Duke Ellington‘s tune C Jam Blues with Oscar Peterson on piano, Ray Brown on bass, and Ed Thigpen on drums, recorded live in Denmark, 1964. These are grand-masters at work. What you’re hearing is the result of many thousands of hours of practice. .
Want to learn more about the best ways to practice? Get an e-mail with a discount code when The Practice of Practice is published (June, 2014). To learn more about the book, check out a sample from The Practice of Practice.
- Oscar Peterson Trio
- Ray Brown (especially good are the “Some of My Best Friends Are the…” series)
- Ed Thigpen (especially recommended is the album Mr. Taste)
- Ella Fitzgerald & Oscar Peterson: Ella and Oscar (Review) (popmatters.com)
- What motivated duke ellington to play jazz (wiki.answers.com)
- “The Harlem Footwarmers” And Duke Ellington (harlemworldblog.wordpress.com)